Childbirth Education Video Series
From pregnancy through the immediate postpartum
Join Samantha Huggins, Full Spectrum Doula, Childbirth Educator, Doula Trainer and Co- Founder of Carriage House Birth in this video series that walks you through the basics of giving birth and the immediate postpartum. We are so excited to share this offering with you!
What comes with this class?
- Our Childbirth Education Cliff Notes Booklet
- Slides and text
- Access via email to a Carriage House Birth Childbirth Educator for one week post your class to ask questions!
Class covers but is not limited to:
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and birth
- Physical and emotional stages of pregnancy
- Physical and emotional stages of labor
- Pain coping techniques – from visualization to hands on, water and beyond
- Birth preferences (formerly known as the birth plan)
- Pain management options and Coping Techniques
- Labor support–who to have at your birth
- Interventions and induction
- Cesarean birth
- Your postpartum body and life
Samantha is a birth and postpartum doula, childbirth educator, doula trainer, CBC, parent and curriculum builder. As a founding member of Carriage House Birth, Samantha Huggins works vigilantly to redefine doula work and contemporary parenting. She oversees CHB Education focusing primarily on curriculum building, elevating doula professionalism, and training doulas. Samantha is deeply committed to this work and creating a model of care that is sustainable and works for all people.
Samantha is the mother of two, wife to one and friend to many.