This Comprehensive 9-Week Birth Doula Foundation Training is a collaboration between Carriage House Birth, Woven Bodies, and Dorcas Davis Consulting. The training will supply you with the baseline information you need to support families and individuals in the perinatal health space with confidence, compassion, and professionalism.
Your coursework, along with the required pre-and-post-requisite work (see below), will provide you with opportunities to reflect on yourself in the format that meets your learning and creative needs. You will be pushed beyond the edges of yourself and will be asked to question your biases and privileges while simultaneously addressing the racism and inequalities/inequities that affect our clients.
In this training, you will learn from a multitude of teachers with different lived experiences and professions, including doulas, antiracist activists, educators, mentors and more. Each week’s foundational learning will be supported by a Weekly Peer and/or Mentor lead Share Circle to support a deeper dive into the materials and offer space for continued learning.
All of this information and vital development of the foundation of your practice will be held over 9-weeks, online via weekly 3 hour live zoom sessions. Note: Each live session will be recorded. If you are unable to attend a live session, you will have access to the recordings for the duration of the nine weeks. We’ve made it easier than ever to take the leap to the work that calls you.
* CHB offers a sliding scale of $499-$999 for a seat in the Birth Doula Training. For complete details scroll to the bottom of this page.
BIRTH DOULA TRAINING TOPICS:
- Dorcas Davis Consulting Antiracism Workshop
- Woven Bodies LGBTQIA+ Workshop
- History of American Obstetrics and Midwifery Care
- Reproductive Justice (facing inequity in healthcare)
- Ethics of Collecting and Reporting Data
- The Medical Industrial Complex
- Defensive Medicine + Evidence Based Care
- The Intersections
- Survivors of Trauma
- Racism + Classism
- Birth as a multi sensory experience
- Comfort Techniques
- Your Doula Bag and Tools of the Trade
- Your Doula Business
- The Political Postpartum
- The First 48 Hours + Postpartum Visits
- Infant Feeding Basics
- Closing the space
- Resource lists
- Closing Panel
- Closing Ceremony
Class offered by Carriage House Birth teachers.
Frequently Asked Questions
CHB offers a sliding scale of $499-$999 for a seat in the Birth Doula Training. Each training has a limited number of sliding scale options and are available on a first come, first serve basis. If the $499 or $699 seats are not available for the trainings listed and you would like to be put on a waitlist please email [email protected] who will notify you if a lower priced seat becomes available for purchase.
Please be considerate of your own personal financial situation and privileges when choosing your ticket option. Use the self-assessment below each Choice to assist you.
Payment plans are available.
* THIS TRAINING IS NON-REFUNDABLE
- Comfortable meeting basic needs such as food, clothing, entertainment, etc
- Find ease in paying rent, mortgages, or other bills
- Currently employed and/or have access to savings and/or family/inherited wealth
- Discretionary disposable income
- 4-month payment plan available
- Occasional financial stressors while meeting basic needs
- Have housing stability and food security
- Manageable debt
- Moderate discretionary disposable income
- Frequent stress meeting basic needs
- Live in low-income housing or have housing instability and/or food insecurity
- Unemployed or require government assistance
- Supporting dependents